Murder Mystery Weekends in Shropshire
Our Murder Mystery Events are a perfect way to forget about the world around you and enjoy some fun time trying to discover who was murdered, why and by whom in our Whodunnit Weekends!
Haughton Hall Hotel has teamed up with the UK’s best Murder Mystery Company in our opinion, It’s Murder, to offer an unrivalled selection of plots and dates to bring out the detective in everyone attending. Whether you only have time to join us for a Murder Mystery Dinner for the evening, or want to spend a weekend away in the Midlands being pampered while you search for clues, Haughton Hall is an amazing Murder Mystery venue for a fun short break and offers fabulous entertainment and food to make sure you thoroughly enjoy your time with us.
There will be plenty of time to enjoy the included Leisure facilities at the Hotel with a swim in our 15m indoor pool, workout in the gym or relax in the Sauna, Steam Room or Jacuzzi or even a game of FootGolf on our 9 hole course.
Please ask for more details or if you wish to book a Spa treatment during your stay.
Murder Mystery Weekend Rates
Our Murder Mystery Weekends cost just £199 per person sharing a twin or double room
including 2 nights accommodation, dinners, breakfast daily and entertainment each day
and £239 for single occupancy.
£50 per person non refundable deposit payable on booking.
Upgrades to Manor rooms are £10 per room per night,
Four Poster rooms are £20 per room per night
and Suites are £30 per room per night extra, all subject to availability.
STAY AN EXTRA NIGHT ON THE SUNDAY FOR JUST AN EXCLUSIVE £60.00 BED AND BREAKFAST PER ROOM EXCLUSIVE FOR MURDER MYSTERY WEEKENDS.
Your updated Covid friendly Murder Mystery Weekend Itinerary will be similar to this example:
Friday from 3pm – Arrive at your leisure and check into your bedroom.
Enjoy the complimentary leisure facilities.
Detailed plot information will be provided on arrival
7.30pm – Meet in the Manor Restaurant where drinks
can be purchased by card only at your own table (socially distanced)
8.00pm – Sit down for a three course choice dinner
(menu’s will be sent out in advance to pre-order meals)
10.30pm – The evening concludes
Saturday 8.00am to 10.00am – Full English Breakfast served in the Manor Restaurant
10.00am to 12 noon – The Mystery continues with the chance to interrogate the suspects
12 noon to 7.00pm – Free time to relax in the Leisure Club or explore the local area, like RAF Cosford Museum and world famous Ironbridge.
7.30pm – The fun resumes in the Manor Restaurant where you can again purchase drinks by card only at your table
8.00pm – Sit down for a three course choice dinner
10.30pm – The evening concludes and hotel bars will close and guests must return to their bedrooms
Sunday 8.00am – 10.00am – Full English breakfast served in the Manor Restaurant
10.00am to 12 noon – The Murderer is revealed and those with the most accurate clues win!
The Murder Mystery Weekend may then be over, but you are welcome to stay for
Sunday Lunch for £17.95 per person (please book with reception),
or add an extra night to your stay for a reduced rate.
Dates and Plots Coming Up Are:
Rates are £199 per person sharing a double or twin & £239 in a single room.
Doug Downe is the first lottery winner of the New Millennium with winnings of £3.9 million. Join him and his friends this Friday 3 March 2000 for a party to remember! Doug is splashing his money around and has discovered more friends (and enemies) than he ever realised existed. Is it just jealousy that is causing some of them to behave badly or is it something more? Come, join in the celebrations and discover for yourself just what is going on!
It is 1936 and the recently completed “Queen Marie” is the largest and most luxurious passenger liner ever built. Captain Horatio Hogwash will make the “Queen Marie’s” maiden voyage his last as he has decided to retire once the ship returns home. Come along and join the Captain as he hosts a welcoming party to celebrate the launch and his forthcoming retirement. You will be joining all the other guests in the ship’s first-class facilities so come along prepared to dress to impress! Optional black tie for the Captain’s party on Friday night and come in your 1930s finery for a party to die for! However, be prepared as the trip may not be all plain sailing!
Lethall Lodge is the perfect venue for our spiritual fair this year, amongst others the famous clairvoyant Madame Mystique will communicate with the other side. But is there a darker side to the spiritual plane? Who knows what may pay us a visit. Come join us and unearth the truth for yourselves!
Dr Jonas Carter’s latest archaeological dig in Egypt has come to an extremely successful close having unearthed many priceless artefacts. Tonight at the Pyramid Hotel Dr Carter will reveal the curse of King Tutty, placed on anyone foolish enough to desecrate his final resting place. Was the curse merely an invention by the priests to keep tomb robbers at bay, or something more sinister? Strange things are happening that might convince you to believe in the curse. If you dare brave the wrath of King Tutty then join us in a party to die for here at the Cairo Pyramid Hotel, and come dressed in your best Egyptian costumes.
Join us for the 5th Annual dinner of the S.P.O.O.C (Society for the Preservation of Old Cinema) Horror Convention. Everyone will be here to meet the actors, hear them reminisce about their favorite films and co-stars, collect a few autographs and maybe pick up a piece of movie memorabilia. But who has it in for one of the celebrity guests? Join S.P.O.O.C and find out. Fancy dress is highly encouraged if not compulsory, so come dressed to KILL!
PI Jimmy Bonde is trying to track down the killer of his close friend and partner Sam Spayed. Sam had been keeping entrepreneur Adam Tycune under surveillance, whom he suspected of laundering money through Tony Valentine’s nightclub “Hearts”, but before Sam could pursue this further he was stabbed to death in a back alley behind “Hearts”. Come and help us unravel this 1970s murder mystery, flares and platform shoes are optional!
Conrad and Clara Christmas are hosting a party to celebrate the festive season. Although they always throw the best in town, there is usually some strife amongst one or two of the revelers. This year there is someone present who does not extend ‘Goodwill to all Men’. Join us for this Christmas party with a difference and find out for yourselves just what is going on and who that someone is!
To book these events, please call the Hotel on 01952 468300 or email email@example.com
Booking Terms and Conditions:
1. A non-transferable or refundable deposit of £50 per person is required at the time of booking to guarantee your reservation. This will be charged to the credit card used to guarantee the reservation and a receipt sent to you. If you have booked more than one room and would like deposits charged to other credit cards, please telephone the Hotel to arrange this. If you cancel your weekend, the deposit is non-refundable or transferable.
2. These events operate on a set number of guests and unfortunately any cancellation within 7 days of the arrival date for the event will incur a cancellation charge equal to the full charge for the weekend. Full charges for the weekend are also now made upto 7 days prior to the event to help our contactless check in process. This will be charged to the credit card(s) used to guarantee your reservation(s). Unfortunately, deposits and balances paid cannot be moved at this late stage to other events or dates.
3. All details are correct at the time of publication, however the Hotel reserves the right to make changes to plots and dates.
4. In the unlikely situation that the Hotel cancels an event then all deposits paid will be fully refundable,
although we hope guests may be able to transfer onto later events.
5. Please be advised that these weekends may not suitable for anyone under the age of 14 due to some
6. Gift certificates, vouchers and fully paid packages are available and are subject to the same terms and
7. If there is a local or national lockdown and we are unable to operate the event you book for, we will endeavour to postpone the event until a future date when it can happen. All bookings would be offered to attend the new date(s) and only if these are not possible, would be then offer a full refund at our discretion. Please note that self isolation is not a valid refundable reason unfortunately. Please ask for further details when reserving space.
8. We strongly recommend guests take out travel insurance to cover them for unforeseen circumstances
like illness, COVID related lockdowns or isolation requirements, family problems and travel disruption, especially for winter travel.
If you have any queries, please complete the form below.