Murder Mystery COVID Procedures
To ensure all events can operate safely and guests, staff and actors feel comfortable with the arrangements for each event,
we have listed below some of the changes that will take place from September 2020 onwards:
- These events will operate in the Manor Restaurant on socially distanced tables of up to 6 guests or in the group size booked if less than 6 (i.e. all guests will have their own table for their group).
- Staff will take all guest and actors temperatures at the start of each event as part of the track and trace details (contact details provided on booking).
- Guests do not get involved in the events apart from watching and listening to the actors and asking questions. There is no direct interaction and guests will simply stay seated at the tables the whole time.
- Staff will now take drink orders at tables on arrival so guests do not need to go to the bar for drink service. This will continue throughout the evening.
- Staff will also wear face coverings while serving food and drink, clearing tables and set up while guests are present in the Restaurant.
- Food orders will be made in advance with name cards on tables to ensure staff do not need to ask guests for orders to limit contact.
- The actors will not interact with guests within 1-2m, will wear suitable face coverings and will adjust plots and operating procedures to ensure covid safe arrangements.
- Breakfast service may be in the same Manor Restaurant and at the same tables for larger events or served in Oliver’s Restaurant at other times, and may be a plated or buffet option for the full English cooked breakfast with staff serving food to avoid contact with utensils from multiple guests using items. One table served at a time. The breakfast consists of the full English breakfast, tea or coffee and toast. Individual sauce sachets are in use too to avoid cross contamination.
- Pencils will be provided for completing murder paperwork forms and drink orders.
|IF GUESTS HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOVE THESE DETAILS, PLEASE COMPLETE THE CONTACT US FORM ON THE MURDER MYSTERY PAGES BEFORE ARRIVAL, AND WE WILL RESPOND AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.
General COVID rules around the hotel
- Antibacterial gel stations are located around the property for all guests to use.
- All guests and staff must wear face masks/coverings on arrival and at all times in public areas, apart from in the dining and bar areas while eating or drinking. If you are just meeting family, friends or colleagues in the lounge but not eating or drinking, you must now wear a face covering please.
- All non residents must complete the track and track forms or scan the QR code in the reception lobby entrance – which is a legal requirement for all.
- Hotel residents do not need to complete these details as we already will hold all contact information for each guest.
- All room rates for Murder Mystery Weekends will be charged 7 days prior to arrival to help us keep the contactless checkin procedure simple, and after the cancellation period has passed.
- All Murder Mystery Dinners are charged when booked, but the overnight package will now be charged 7 days prior to arrival too after the cancellation time has passed.
- All guests will be able to pay for drinks at the tables as they go as no room accounts are now possible. Contactless cards are best and cash is no longer accepted in the hotel.